10013 Madison Walk Ave., NV 89149
Cell: 702-513-8501 / Home: 702-396-6022
Seasoned Operations Executive
Senior Level Executive with over 20 years of broad operational multi unit management. Proven track record of generating multimillion-dollar revenue/profit gains utilizing diverse workforces across multiple industries.
Budget Planning and Financial Management
Developed Annual Budget and Business Plan for $1billion company. Managed large division with and operating budget in excess of $50million. Improved operating margins for the territory despite general decline in local economies. Met and exceeded all cost control goals and highly successful at developing and implementing cost control processes.
Operations and Project Management
Successfully identified sites and the building of large scale operational units. Consistently exceeded opening attendance and revenue figures while implementing cost control processes. Partnered with compliance agency and developed strong collaborative relationships to insure timely opening with full support of agencies. Successful in developing and implementing Best Practices throughout the organization.
Identified and developed over 53 individuals who were able to move up two positions within the organization. Developed two training/development programs for entry level managers that were implanted system wide in over 120 locations. Consistently developed strong, motivated and cohesive teams by promoting company vision and mission statements. Utilized a hands on leader approach and focused on removing obstacles, providing clear directions and goals and provided the tools that employees need effectively operate at a high level of effectiveness. Promoted laser focus on customer service by developing and implementing the G.U.E.S.T. service program with high quality results.
Professional ExperienceTARGET CORPORATION, Las Vegas, NV 2006 – Present
Big Box Discount Retailer
District Manager Trainee
Currently working through a 24 month, in store training program, designed to ready non-traditional retail candidates for the challenges of running a multiple unit territory. Each area generates between $200 Million and $300 Million in yearly revenues and employing over 2000 individuals in various areas of expertise. Took over a troubled, medium volume operation that had been running below company standards consistently for over five years.
* Improved Payroll cost by 17% over previous year
* Improved Controllable Profit by 12.8% over previous year despite sales being down 7.3%
* Improved overall operating metrics score by 10% over previous year taking store to Green status (exceeds expectations) for first time in over 5 years
THE PURSIANO LAW GROUP, Las Vegas, NV – San Diego, CA – Phoenix, AZ 2005 - 2006
Law Firm specializing in Construction Defect law and litigation. The firm has offices in Nevada, California and Arizona
CONSULTANT/LAW CLERK/COO FOR SISTER COMPANY
Brought in to assist in the operations of the firm, improve marketing and to help launch a new legal document delivery service. Became field liaison for 87 clients in Pahrump and took care of oversight for all destructive testing.
* Successfully started a sister L.L.C. that specializes in legal document delivery
* Was instrumental in securing and maintaining clients in a thriving Construction Defect firm bringing in over 20 new clients to the firm
* Became field liaison for 87 clients in Pahrump, NV and took care of oversight for all destructive testing
PLATFORM LEARNING, Las Vegas, NV 2004 – 2005
Startup supplemental educational services provider, providing tutoring services to under resourced students in urban settings through the No Child Left Behind Act.
Vice President of Western Operations
* Developed a team of professional educators and business professionals to secure contracts for the provision of services in over 30 public school districts within Northern and Southern California
* Successfully negotiated major contracts with School Districts for provision of service under the NCLB
* Secured a $500K contract that produced double the targeted operating margin
* Implemented a sales strategy to market services to school districts and end users
* Created a marketing strategy to maximize exposure and effectiveness
* Exceeded revenue and profit targets by 9.6%
NOBEL LEARNING COMMUNITIES, Las Vegas, NV 2000 – 2004
Private education provider with over 180 private preschool through grade 8 schools generating $190M per year in revenue
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (2001 – 2004)
Managed the largest division, over 80 units, within the organization and controlled all five company concepts, including troubled Charter School and Special Needs divisions.
* Improved operating margins for the territory by 27% in the face of an 11% decline in revenue in the first 18 months.
* Retrained and refocused modeled behavior that improved the quality of personnel. Established performance expectations and monitored progress through established metrics.
* Completed turnaround of three troubled markets and two troubled concepts through training and establishing and implementing systems, financial controls and the development of improved retention strategies.
* Received honors from CEO for Best Performing Division.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (2000 – 2001)
Managed a group of schools spanning two states providing high quality education in a private setting for an elite clientele. Directed a team of 14 educational professionals and handled all HR matters. Developed and implemented Personnel Development and Succession Planning Strategy. Direct all marketing efforts.
* Improved operating margins over 700% on a revenue growth of 17% exceeding the typical 9% expected in the school district
* Improved enrollment and subsequent profitability of private school from an extremely low enrollment
* of 29 students to an overflowing capacity of 170 students over an 18 month period of time.
* Focused attention on under performing schools
* Established policies and procedures for financial controls and providing marketing programs to capture enrollees
* Redistributed and expanded classroom utilization to allow for enrollment expansion. This contributed to a 60% increase in enrollment in one school alone
* Replaced ineffective personnel and stream lined operations at a charter school district operating on a $4M annual deficit, breaking even within 2 years
B.C.E. WEST, INC., D.B.A. BOSTON MARKET, Las Vegas, NV and Denver, CO 1997 – 2000
A large chain of restaurants specializing in home cooked meal replacements
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
* Operated a chain of restaurants in Nevada and New Mexico offering high quality meals in a fast food delivery system. Directed a team of 3 district managers, 30 GM’s, and 4 managing partners.
* Moved territory from 106th (out of 106) to 2nd in franchise of over 100 units and 5th in the overall chain.
* Earned Top Operating Profit and Top QSC honors in company after only 16 months in the position
KINDERCARE LEARNING CENTERS, INC., Denver, CO 1988 – 1997
The world’s largest professional childcare provider, operating over 1400 childcare centers nationwide
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT (1991-1997)
Managed one of the largest divisions within the organization and controlled 150 units over eleven states. Provided leadership to a group comprised of eleven district managers, one training manager, two HR specialists and a support staff of five. Identified and developed seven new district managers and two region managers for the organization.
* Successfully constructed and opened eleven new facilities in the division over a three year period
* Exceeded goals for continuous revenue and operating profit growth year after year
* Always met and exceeded company $2M annual fund raising goals for MDA partnership. Ranked as the top producing region for five years running
DISTRICT MANAGER (1988-1991)
Ensured schools follow state guidelines. Provided effective marketing to drive enrollment. Established financial controls to meet profitability goals. Maintained proper personnel levels and reduced turnover.
* Consistently exceeded all objectives set by Chief Operating Officer
* Served as field liaison on technology team in the development of software and hardware program packages
* Brought seven out of seven underperforming, schools up to operating standards within 9 months
* Assigned an additional district of eleven schools, to be supervised concurrently, due to turn around expertise demonstrated in original district
* Ultimately given supervisory responsibility for a district of fifteen schools again achieving strong revenue and profitability turnarounds as in the previous two districts
Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, MO – Bachelor of Science Business
Concord School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
Nevada Trial Lawyers Assoc.
Completed numerous courses and training sessions on Finance, Leadership, Human Resources, Diversity Training, Compliance and Project Management
Certificate – Executive Leadership, American Management Association, San Francisco, CA